The New York Photo Festival is proud to present PhotoWorld 2014, a wide-ranging exhibition invitational selecting the best new documentary, fine art, and motion and drone photography being produced today, determined by top photo and image professionals from CNN, Fortune, National Geographic, the International Center of Photography, Esquire, The New Yorker, FotoVisura, LensCulture and more.
Finalists chosen will exhibit their work in a massive installation at The POWERHOUSE Arena opening September 26 during New York City’s premier arts event, the Dumbo Arts Festival. A special component of PhotoWorld 2014 will also be installed for the first time ever throughout DUMBO.
Perhaps best of all, grand prize winners will receive a one-hour consultation with one of our esteemed jurors; if you have ever dreamt of an unparalleled opportunity to jump start your career in photography, PhotoWorld 2014 is your chance.
All submissions (value $25—$75 each):
- All submissions will receive a 50% discount on any powerHouse Books photography book in-store or online at the Arena store.
- All submissions (US only) will receive 20% off the following Datacolor Spyder Display Calibration Products: Spyder4ELITE, Spyder4EXPRESS and Spyder4PRO
- More prizes in the works; follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and our Tumblr blog for breaking news.
Finalists (ca. $8,000 total plus exhibition AND publication):
- Top vote-getters of each category will be selected for the print exhibition of PhotoWorld 2014: Breaking Photography at The POWERHOUSE Arena in Brooklyn September 26 – November 10, 2014.
- All winning work will receive a $100 gift certificate for powerHouse Books.
- All winning work will be included in the NYPH Journal, Volume 3.
- More exciting prizes in the works! Follow us (above) or check back here.
Category Winners (ca. $6,000—priceless on top of the above):
- Top vote getters in each category will receive 1-hour portfolio consultation and career enhancement sessions with several jurors.
Click here for the list of jurors for PhotoWorld 2014.