MAY 21, 2012
The New York Photo Festival has been extended until May 31!
The organizers of the 2012 edition of the New York Photo Festival are thrilled to announce the extension of NYPH'12 in Dumbo, Brooklyn, until May 31.
The following curated sites will be open 11 am though 7 pm daily through May 31 at the POWERHOUSE Arena, 37 Main Street (corner of Water Street):
• On the Razor's Edge: Between Documentary & Fine Art Photography, curated by Glenn Ruga
• the Curse and the Gift, curated by Claude Grunitzky
• The Art of Documentary, a special presentation by SocialDocumentary.net
• The inaugural juried New York Photo Festival Invitational exhibition.
The following curated sites will be open 11 am though 5 pm daily through May 31 at the Old Carousel Building, 56 Water Street (between Main Street and Dock Street); please note this is the last chance to view this wonderful old building before its imminent demolition:
• What Do You Believe In, curated by Amy Smith-Stewart
The following satellite exhibition site will be open 11 am through 6 pm Wednesday through Saturday at 111 Front Street, Room 216, until June 8:
• Tokyo-Ga: Tokyo-Ga created an extensive photographic project: describing Tokyo Scapes by 100 Photographers. Tokyo reacts quickly to changes of the times; as the largest and most recognizable city in Japan it has become a site of unity. The idea for Tokyo-Ga originated as an internal response to the devastating natural disasters that occurred in Japan in 2011. These events brought an awareness of the global connectedness of not just Japanese people, but all of humanity.
The Wall Street Journal review of the 2012 edition of the New York Photo Festival provides a succinct overview of the festival's theme and highlights here.
For press inquiries contact Nina Ventura, nina@NYPHotofestival.com, t. 212-604-9074 x118.
For any other inquiries contact Jacob Pastrovich, jacob@NYPHotofestival.com, t. 347-853-7447 x134.
Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Vimeo | LinkedIn | RSS
37 Main Street Brooklyn, NY 11201 | t: 347.853.7447 | f: 212 366 5247
www.nyph.at | email@example.com